Teams of two students will be tested on their knowledge of plant life including grasses, flowers, and trees.
Number of Participants / Approximate Time
Up to 2 / 45 minutes
1. Students will view pictures and/or diagrams and answer questions related to
gymnosperms and angiosperms.
2. Students may be asked questions regarding basic plant and flower structure.
3. Students may also respond to a series of questions relating to photosynthesis and pollenation.
4. Students may be asked to compare the major characteristics of trees, flowers, and grasses.
5. Students may also be quizzed on popular species of trees, flowers, and grasses including carnivorous plants and plant life local to the southeastern United States.
6. Students will have 45 minutes to complete the written test. Time is not a scoring
This specific pages (not the entire site on which they are found, unless noted) may be used as study resources for this event. Note not all questions will be based on these resources.
The team with the most correct responses will be declared the winner.
Ties will be broken with pre-determined tie-breaker questions.
Study resources updated in 2019.